HBO’s Vinyl Season 1 DVD Release Date is Set for June 7thHBO’s Vinyl: The Complete First Season. The Vinyl Season 1 release date is set for June 7, 2016, for Blu-ray™ and DVD boxed sets. Both sets include a Digital HD copy. Season 1 of Vinyl is currently available for digital download. Pricing has been set at $59.99 and $49.99, respectively for the 10-episode Blu-ray™ and DVD boxed sets. Should you want to go the Amazon route, they’re already $25 and $20 less, respectively. You can pre-order them today on Amazon from the links above, and soon from the HBO Store.
From the mind of musician Mick Jagger, the eyes of director Martin Scorsese, and the fingers of writers Rich Cohen and Terence Winter comes HBO’s Vinyl. Per the press release, this “new drama series explores the drug- and sex-fueled music business of the 1970s New York at the dawn of punk, disco, and hip-hop.” And it certainly does this in grand fashion.
HBO’s Vinyl stars two-time Emmy® winning actor Bobby Cannavale as Richie Finestra, the head of American Century Records. In the process of selling his money-losing business to a German music company, he has “a life-altering event.” It wasn’t until after surviving the collapse of an NYC music hall does this epiphany hit.
Richie’s new-found love of music (and re-involvement with drugs) leads to the cancellation of the sale of his business. But this is just Step 1 in the destruction of Richie Finestra. He not only damages the relationship with his business partners but that with his wife played by Olivia Wilde. These scenes are crazy fun to watch. And all of this takes place in the first two episodes.
If you’ve only seen the 2-hour pilot episode, here’s what you can expect to see in the remaining nine episodes:
In cooperation with HBO, we’re giving away Vinyl: The Complete First Season on DVD to one (1) lucky winner. Just click on the highlighted link. You have until 3 PM Eastern on June 7th to enter. Good luck.
The cast of Vinyl includes the following series regulars and guest stars:
- Bobby Cannavale as Richie Finestra
- Olivia Wilde as Devon Finestra
- Ray Romano as Zak Yankovich
- Ato Essandoh as Lester Grimes
- Max Casella as Julius “Jules” Silver
- P.J. Byrne as Scott Levitt
- J.C. MacKenzie as Skip Fontaine
- Birgitte Hjort Sørensen as Ingrid
- Juno Temple as Jamie Vine
- Jack Quaid as Clark Morelle
- James Jagger as Kip Stevens
- Paul Ben-Victor as Maury Gold
- Deleted Scenes
- Format: DVD / Blu-ray™ with Digital HD
- Rating: TV-MA
- Number of Discs: 4
- Run Time: 660 Minutes
- Region: A
- Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 16.:9
- Audio: DTS-HD Master Audio™ 5.1
- Subtitles: English
- Studio: HBO Home Video
- DVD Release Date: June 7, 2016
Special features consist of the following:
- Making Vinyl: Recreating the 70’s (Extended Version)
- Audio Commentaries with Bobby Cannavale, Olivia Wilde, Terence Winter, and more…
- Behind The Groove (on Digital HD)
- Inside the Episodes
FTC Disclosure: HBO Home Entertainment provided Beantown LLC with one copy of Vinyl: The Complete First Season on Blu-ray™/Digital HD for review purposes. We’re not paid ambassadors. Our opinions are 100% their own.
All photos are the courtesy and property of HBO Home Entertainment.
Enjoy this preview of Episode 3: