Cinemax’s Banshee Season 4 DVD Release Date is Set for October
Available this October on store shelves and online everywhere comes Cinemax’s Banshee The Complete Fourth Season. The Banshee Season 4 DVD release date is set for October 4, 2016. List pricing for the DVD set is $24.99 while Blu-ray™ pricing has yet to be made available. It should be close to (but less than) that of Banshee: The Complete Third Season. Banshee Season 3 was set at $49.99 and $39.98 for the Blu-ray™ and DVD boxed sets, respectively. The complete fourth season, along with single episodes, is currently available on Digital HD. Single episodes are available for $2.99 (HD) and $1.99 (SD), with the complete fourth season going for $22.99.
You can order Banshee: The Complete Fourth Season along with the previous three seasons at any of these digital stores:
From the minds of Creators/Showrunners Jonathan Tropper and David Schickler and Executive Producers Alan Ball, Greg Yaitanes, and Peter Macdissi comes Cinemax’s Banshee.
Per the Home Box Office press release: “When the final episode of the Cinemax® fan-favorite action-drama Banshee aired in May, it sent legions of “Fanshees” into a tailspin. For four electrifying seasons, the Emmy®-winning series, packed with white-knuckle action and gripping storylines, built a passionate fan base who turned the show into the highest-rated original series on the network and a modern-era cult classic.”
“Sure to lift any “Fanshee” out of the doldrums, the 3 disc sets are packed with behind-the-scenes extras including audio commentaries, exclusive deleted scenes, episode recaps, “Banshee Origins” (which tells the story behind the story with eight prequel videos featuring the cast of Banshee), “Zoomed In Eps 1 – 8” (an on the set feature highlighting how key, adrenaline-filled scenes were created), and specially-created cast retrospectives on “Best Fight Scenes” and “Job’s Best Outfits”.”
“This MAX action drama charts the final twists and turns that follow Lucas Hood, an ex-convict who assumed the identity of sheriff in the Amish-area town Banshee, where his former lover and partner-in-crime was living under her own alias, Carrie Hopewell. The final season takes place two years after Lucas gave up his badge after a bloody, multimillion-dollar heist at the Camp Genoa Marine Base which proved costly: Carrie’s husband Gordon was killed, and Lucas’s longtime computer-hacker partner, Job, was abducted by a shady criminal ring.”
“After settling a score with a “recruiter” from Lucas’s past whom he hoped would have intel on Job, Lucas went on a bender before being rescued by an unlikely savior, Proctor’s niece. Emerging from a self-imposed exile, Lucas returns to Banshee to find it a changed town. Brock Lotus is now sheriff, Kai Proctor is the mayor, and the old “Cadi” police station has been replaced by a state-of-the-art facility. A new deputy with ties to Proctor, Nina Cruz, has joined Brock’s team, along with Kurt Bunker, the skinhead-turned-deputy who continues to make amends for his dark past while fighting the racist overtures of the group led by his younger brother Calvin. After reuniting with Carrie, their daughter Deva, and ex-boxer Sugar Bates, Lucas becomes immersed in a new Banshee crisis: rooting out a vicious serial murderer whose latest victim is someone near and dear to his heart.”
RETURN TO BANSHEE – THE FINAL SEASON
BANSHEE SEASON 4 EPISODE INFORMATION
- Episode 31 – Something Out of the Bible
- Episode 32 – The Burden of Beauty
- Episode 33 – The Book of Job
- Episode 34 – Bloodletting
- Episode 35 – A Little Late to Grow a Pair
- Episode 36 – Only One Way a Dogfight End
- Episode 37 – Truths Other Than the Ones You Tell Yourself
- Episode 38 – Requiem
BANSHEE SEASON 4 BONUS FEATURES
- Season 3 Recap – A look back at the action-packed events from Season 3.
- Season 4 Preview – A preview of the final season of the hit series.
- Season 4 Trailer – Get ready to return with this exhilarating peek at the fourth and final season.
- Banshee Origins: Delve inside the past of all the primary players in this scenes.
- Cast Retrospectives: Lucas vs. the MMA fighter? Nola vs. Burton? It’s a toss-up as to what is the best fight scene, but the stars of the hit action series all pick a favorite in this featurette that also includes their memories of Job’s most outrageous outfits.
- Zoomed In – Episodes 31-38.
- Deleted Scenes
BANSHEE CAST INFORMATION
- Antony Starr as Lucas Hood
- Ivana Milicevic as Carrie Hopewell
- Ryann Shane as Deva Hopewell
- Frankie Faison as Sugar Bates
- Hoon Lee as Job
- Ulrich Thomsen as Kai Proctor
- Lili Simmons as Rebecca Bowman
- Matthew Rauch as Clay Burton
- Matt Servito as Brock Lotus
- Tom Pelphrey as Kurt Bunker
- Chris Coy as Calvin Bunker
- Eliza Dushku as Veronica Dawson
BLU-RAY™ & DVD TECHNICAL INFORMATION
- Street Date: October 4, 2016
- Prebook Date: August 30, 2016
- Formats: Blu-ray™, DVD, Both with Digital HD
- Screen Format: Widescreen 16:9 (1.78:1)
- Blu-ray™ Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD-MA, French 5.1 DTS
- DVD Audio: English 5.1 DD, French 5.1 DD, Spanish 2.0
- Subtitles: English, French, Spanish
- Rating: TV-MA
- Total Run Time: 480 Minutes
- Closed Captioned: Yes
- Studio: HBO
Now don’t you think it’s time to watch the best show Cinemax has ever aired? Banshee Seasons 1-4 are currently available on MAX GO.
All photos and video are the courtesy and property of HBO Home Entertainment.